With Thanksgiving being the coldest it has ever been before, I fear that this winter is going to be freezing! The cold and I have never been friends and so I dread leaving my apartment when the temperatures drop. Since it looks like we have a long winter ahead of us, I am putting together a list of ways I stay sane and warm during the cold weather!
- Invest in warm pajamas. I have always believed that a girl can never have too many pajama sets!
- Blankets. I have a basket in my living room full of super soft and warm blankets that I love to use while watching tv.
- Warm coffee. Leaving the apartment in the morning can be difficult when it is cold outside! The first thing I do every morning is turn on my Keurig and start my day with a warm cup of coffee. If I am feeling sluggish at work, I treat myself to another cup or two to keep me warm and energized!
- Keep your toes warm! After work, I put on warm pajamas and my slippers to warm me up after walking home from the train.
- Take a long hot shower. This is usually the first thing I do when I get home after work. I like to get my shower out of the way early so I can relax the rest of the evening and it warms me up real quick! Another tip is to throw your towels and pajamas in your dryer while you shower so you have something warm on after you get out.
- Invest in a fluffy bathrobe. My favorite and most used purchase last year was the hooded robe from Victoria’s Secret! I put it on every night after I shower and it’s the first thing I put on in the morning.
- Scented candle. You can’t go wrong with a good smelling scented candle!
- Christmas Tree. My favorite thing in the entire world is to turn on my Christmas tree and get work done on my couch at night. It makes my apartment feel so cozy!