Take A Hit with Milk Makeup’s New Kush Mascara
Start your day with some Bite
After summer comes to a close, I lose my tan and become very pale. Only blush and bronzer can go so far to bring some life into my face again! The one thing I cannot leave the house without is lipstick. My work schedule lately has been crazy, either waking up before the sun to work my job at a college or working the night shift at J. Crew. Let’s just say, I am exhausted! To hide my exhaustion, I always wear a bold lip color to hide my sleep exhaustion. I am also that type of person who always looks put together even when I want to wear Uggs and leggings. Lipstick really is the secret trick to make you look put together. So I am always on the look out for a new color to try.
Luckily, Bite Beauty and Influenster saved me a trip to Sephora because they sent me three new lipcolors in the mail to review. I had never heard of Bite Beauty before, but if it is at Sephora, it has to be good, right?? Did I mention they are organic? Yeah like those organic bananas I buy at Whole Foods that go bad on my kitchen counter every week. LOL Here is a little information on the brand:
What goes on your lips should do more than
just color. It should be good for you, too!
Bite lip products are handcrafted one at a time
to provide nourishing, restorative
benefits. These lipsticks contain natural
and organic ingredients—moisturizers
and protective antioxidants like resveratrol,
organic fruit butters, and Manuka honey.
The end result? Edgy, edible innovation for lips.
THE POWER OF RESVERATROL
Each Bite lipstick is infused with the age-fighting
antioxidant resveratrol—the equivalent
of five glasses of wine.
I feel like we just buy makeup products trusting that they are made with the right ingredients. However, Bite Beauty is very upfront that they are a luxury and made with natural and organic ingredients. How cool is that??
Besides the gorgeous packaging, I love that the lip crayons have a pointed tip so the color glides on easily even when I am putting it on at red lights on my way to work!
I would compare them to the Nars Lip Pencils, but whenever I would use them my lips would be so dry after a few hours. The pricing is similar, a little less than Nars products, but reasonable for a Sephora product. It’s also a lot of product for the price so it makes it worth every penny.
Let me know if you use a Bite Beauty product and if you liked it! I have a feeling a lot of my friends will be getting one of these for Christmas!! Even Eddy loves them!!
On Sunday, I worked 9 hours and was running around the whole store ALL DAY! I came home exhausted, my hair was disheveled, clothes were wrinkled. However, my lipstick was still on from earlier that morning when I put it on! I even ate and drank coffee with it on! This stuff is the real deal! It did not smudge or dry my lips all day. I got so many compliments throughout the day on my lip color, I think I sent at least a dozen people to Sephora when they asked what color I was wearing!
My eye is still swollen and cannot open all of the way. I can’t wear contacts or wear eye makeup– but at least my lips are flawless 😉
Products were complimentary of Influenster to test and/or review.
this weekend: some ways to pamper yourself
For work, summer is my busy season with always something to get done and my phone always ringing. I am asked silly questions (Is the beach open today?), get yelled at (What do you mean I can only buy a beach badge at the beach?), and asked to do things (Can you make 400 copies, fold them and have them ready by noon?). When I get home from work at 5pm I am exhausted!
My schedule has been crazy with work, entertaining guests and keeping up with household chores. Lately, I have been scheduling in my planner when I can find time to shower because that is how my life is going!
Take time to treat yourself on a Sunday to start your week off fresh with these next few products and ideas.
- Invest in a bathrobe. In college my mom got me a pink bathrobe and I will never get rid of it. It is pink with polka dots aka perfect! I felt like Elle Woods when I would wear it in my dorm. I love to snuggle up in it at night after a shower in the winter. My body immediately knows it is time to wind down and get ready for bed. In the summer I love the Victoria’s Secret silk ones and have them in a bunch of different colors. Don’t forget the matching slippers!!
- Light a candle. I end every day by lighting a candle from Bath & Body Works in my room and meditating. I have become obsessed with candles lately and find myself at the store monthly picking up a new one. I love to fill up my room with a scent to fall asleep to!
- Take care of your skin. I am one of those people that cannot neglect my skin or I will hate myself for weeks after because of it. I have to wash my face every night or else I wake up with pizza face. When you take care of yourself, you feel better!
Thanks to Influenster, I got a new #VoxBox full of skin goodies from OleHenriksen. I received these products as a gift from OleHenriksen skincare.truth serum collagen booster
Like a multivitamin for your skin. Collagen is so important for anti-aging and a must have in your skincare routine.
Professional strength3 step brightening system
STEP 1- POLISH
for a smooth radiant complexion
STEP 2- BRIGHTEN
fade the look of dark spots and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
STEP 3- GLOW
to nourish skin for the ultimate Ole Glow
The perfect moisturizer before makeup. Weightless and oil free providing a daily glow.
- Take a long shower. At night I just jump in and jump out of the shower because I only have the energy to wash my hair. I couldn’t remember the last time I actually used all of my products while I was in there! On Sundays, I like to spend some extra time using my beauty aisle aka shower. It is just so relaxing to take a long shower and pamper myself.
- Exfoliate. At least once a week I use my Olay skincare brush and scrub. I use a lot of other products throughout the week, but on Sundays I make the time to pamper my face. My shower really is the beauty aisle because I love to always try new products and see if they work.
6. Shampoo. Fun fact… I only wash my hair like twice a week. The thought of that at first is like ew, that is gross but it has done wonders to my hair! My hair is so much stronger and with a little bit of dry shampoo, you can’t even tell it is greasy. It is also nice that I only have to do my hair 3 times a week saving a lot of time in my morning routine! But on Sundays, I wash my hair! The Dove shampoo has saved my hair BTW. It is the first shampoo that cleans and gets rid of frizzies allowing me to pull of air dried hair.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Remember to spoil yourself!
This post was sponsored by Ole Henriksen but all my thoughts are my own.
You can purchase these products at Sephora.