When I was a freshman in college, my parents surprised me at my dorm room for Valentine’s Day. I got a phone call from the front desk letting me know that a very large package had been delivered. I was very confused as to why it did not go to the package center, but I went down to the dorm lobby anyway. When I got off of the elevator, my parents had bouquets of roses, chocolates and other presents for me. I had a boyfriend at the time but still that gesture from my parents was the best Valentine’s Day gift ever. It doesn’t matter if you are single or in a relationship, you still need to show your girl friends some love on Valentine’s Day!
Right now the only man in my life is my cat, but that doesn’t mean us single girls cannot celebrate Valentine’s Day! Honestly, it is one of my favorite holidays because everything turns pink. If you know me at all, you know pink is my favorite color! Last year I made an effort to spend the holiday with my girlfriends instead of sitting around feeling bad for myself and it was the best decision I ever made. I hate the idea that Valentine’s Day is only for people who have a significant other. I would much rather spend the day celebrating my friendship with my gals, because they been my by side the longest.
This Valentine’s Day grab your girlfriends and go to dinner, see a movie and grab some drinks at a bar. This year I am flying to Georgia to see one of my best friends and former college roomie for Valentine’s Day. We are going to see the new 50 Shades movie, eat some Chick-Fil-A and it sounds like the perfect way to share the hallmark made up holiday.
If you don’t have a Valentine, you should just spoil your gals instead!
1. Pink Pajamas
I am obsessed with the Victoria’s Secret pajamas and own the classic pink striped set
. It is the perfect gift to give your BFF and it doesn’t hurt to get yourself a matching set! In college my roommate and I would go to Victoria’s Secret and get matching pajamas all the time. I think it is so much fun to match and have a little girls night once in a while.
2. Macaroons If you need a small gift for one of your Galentine’s or a coworker, you can pick up really cute Macaroons from Marshalls or TJ Maxx for like $3. Macaroons with a cute card is a nice little gesture to know you are thinking of them because no one likes to get nothing on Valentine’s Day.
3. EOS Lip Balm
If you get me lip balm, you will automatically become my hero! I have an EOS
in my car, in every purse I use, next to my bed… you get the point! This is a gift that every girl can use.
4. Essie Pink Nail Polish
Surprise your BFF with a girls day and get mani & pedis. I love to get my nails done, but hate to go alone. Essie
just came out with new pink shades in their gel ballet collection and it is the best nail polish brand I have ever tried. Get your BFF a nail polish and in the card let her know that you are kidnapping her for a girls day. I can promise she will get in the car willingly!
5. Cute Makeup Bag TJ Maxx and Marshalls always have cute makeup bags for cheap, so it is a great gift to give if you have a lot of girlfriends to get gifts for! I love the ones that have cute little sayings on them, and to make it a bit more special you can fill it up with other small gifts too. The best part is, they will use that makeup bag for years to come!
6. Socks As an adult, socks are one of the best present you can get for someone. Especially cute ones with animals and hearts on them!
7. Cake Pops If you want to bring something into the office for Valentine’s Day, you can make cake pops or pick up a few from Starbucks while you are getting your morning coffee. I mean everyone loves cake, so you will immediately become the favorite in the office!
8. Starbucks Travel Mugs Right now Starbucks has the cutest collection of mugs and travel cups for coffee. For a girl friend that is difficult to shop for, pick up a cute mug and get a Starbucks gift card for them. After my surgery, one of my best friends sent me travel mug with a Starbucks gift card and I actually cried because it was a very sweet and thoughtful gift because she knew I liked coffee that much!
9. Too Faced Chocolate Bar
Every girl deserves chocolate
on Valentine’s Day… so if you really like your BFF and have the money, this is the gift for her!
Buy yourself some Valentine’s Day candy, some new pink nail polish and a new lipgloss and enjoy the holiday. Don’t spend the day in bed feeling bad for yourself. I promise spending it with your Galentines is a lot more fun than eating dinner with a guy! 😉